Need a pen? Supplies-R-Us has your back

Back to Article
Back to Article

Need a pen? Supplies-R-Us has your back

From left, Cesar Anchondo (12), Odin Bentley (11), Danny Escalante (12) and Patricia White calculate change for a customer. The students will be selling school supplies every B-Day in the main foyer from 8 a.m. until 8:45 a.m.

Cheyenne Bateman

Cheyenne Bateman

Cheyenne Bateman

Need a pen? How about some paper? Supplies-R-Us has you covered.

Every B-Day from 8 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. students from the Special Education department will be selling school supplies to anyone in need. The program was started by Patricia White.

The purpose of the program is to provide real-world job training to students within the program.

“My hope for the program is to teach and train these students so in the future they can hold a job,” White said.

Through this supply store, students will learn how to work with money and how to deal with ownership.

Supplies sold include pens, pencils, markers, colored pencils, paper, notebooks, folders among other items.

White is a job coach within the special education department and taught as a special education teacher for 38 years. She has served as a job coach for 8 years.