Review: Never Have I Ever Season 3

The following review contains spoilers. Read at your own risk. 

Katelyn Farran, Web Manager

Photo courtesy of: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10062292/

Season 3 of Netflix’s Never Have I Ever premiered to fans August 12 and consisted of 10 episodes filled with the usual drama that draws fans in to watch season after season. The season kicks off with leading lady, Devi (Maitreyi Ramakrishnan) as her and her friends navigate their junior year of high school.  

Sherman Oaks High School kicks off the year with a shock as it is revealed that Devi and Paxton (Darren Barnet) as him are dating. This then caused people to start talking about them in a not-so-great way which made Devi feel insecure about herself and her relationship with Paxton. 

This was the basis for the start of the first few episodes which soon brought on so much drama between Devi and Paxton. In the end, the relationship fizzled without any possibility of rekindling. 

The breakup segued into more chaos for Devi and for her friends Fabiola (Lee Rodriguez) as her and Eleanor (Ramona Young) as her who were struggling with their own love life. This season shows a new side of things from friendships and love to breakup and heartbreaks to finding themselves through all of it. 

In the past 2 seasons there has been a love triangle between Paxton and Ben (Jaren Lewison) as him. Well in this season the love triangle was still happening, but a new guy shows up named Des (Anirudh Pisharody) as him in Devi’s life and catches her attention. Des ended up adding on to the whole love triangle thing but did make Devi fall head over heels for him, and if you think that isn’t enough drama Devi’s family is having their own drama as well because of her cousin Kalama’s (Richa Moorjani) arranged marriage situation. Yes, it was still happening in season 3 but the arranged marriage ended, and Kalama ended up with Devi’s English teacher. 

The season brings in a lot of twists and turns, but it is worth watching. The most shocking thing that happened is how it had a huge cliffhanger at the very end of the season which makes you wonder what will happen next in season 4? It keeps you hooked on the season and leaves you wanting to know what will happen next when Devi is a senior in high school.  

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars